Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Heartbroken...

My heart is breaking.  After 3 years at my gym, Superman is leaving. He's going to a local car plant where he can make more money, get full time hours, benefits, etc. Several years ago when he started competing on stage as a bodybuilder, we talked about this day. I asked him if he'd at least write my workouts, and he said he would. He still plans to.

I plan to keep training, using the workouts he writes for me. At this time, I'm not ready for a new trainer. It's going to take a really amazing person to walk in Superman's shoes. In the 2.5 years I've worked with him, I've learned so much and gotten so strong. The first time he had me squat, it was 160lbs...yesterday I failed a 285lb squat but I unracked it and didn't just fold under it. I can bench 135lbs. I can deadlift about 200lbs. I can shoulder press a 40lb dumbbell.

I still can't do an unassisted pull up, but I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment