Sunday, January 3, 2016

Epic FAIL

Yep, that's right. My pull up attempt was an epic fail. I tried twice, and pulled up a tiny bit...so little that you cannot even tell on the video that I have started my attempt.

It's OK though. I've known for a while that I was not going to be able to do it. But I had to attempt it. There have been so many times that Superman asked me to do something that I thought was impossible...and I did it. Even though I failed at my goal, progress was made. When I started on this journey a few months ago, I struggled to bench 95 lbs for 8 reps. Now I struggle to bench 105 lbs 8 times. I started doing my shoulder presses with 20lbs dumbbells, and now I can do a set with 30 lbs dumbbells. Superman noticed that the increased shoulder strength made holding the bar for front squats easier.

I'm not quitting til I can do that pull up. The last week or so I have been researching and planning. I'm continuing to work upper body on Mondays and Thursdays. Exercises specific to pull up strength (such as dead hangs, and negative pull ups) are being incorporated. My next attempt will be the last week in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment