Saturday, January 9, 2016

Tough love

Superman did my bodyfat with calipers. Since I'm a normal person (not a competitor ) he only used 3 points instead of 7. He used the calipers to pinch a skin fold on my triceps, my thigh, and my belly. According to his measurements,  my body fat is between 37 and 38 percent.  Earlier in the day I used my bathroom scale and a handheld device to do it on my own. The handheld and the calipers were within a few points of each other, and the scale was about 10 points higher.

So, at 37% body fat, at minimum I need to lose 7 percentage points off my body fat. 10 points would be ideal.

I started my diet this week, but there have been tons of issues. Birthday cake, birthday dinner....working a double the ONE day I neglect to bring a real meal. I'm trying though. I'm doing my best to eat my protein, and the right amount of carbs. To spread everything out over the day. To find recipes for real food that I enjoy eating.

When I look in the mirror,  I'm happy with my lower half, and I'm ok with my top half...except about a 6 inch band around my belly button.  That's where I hold all my fat. My goal is to lose the fluff there so my clothes fit correctly. So my pants don't roll down.

The strong and athletic look is something I like. But I want enough body fat that I don't lose my curves ( low body fat generally means a small chest. I like my DD chest).

No comments:

Post a Comment